Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weigh In: Winter Pudge Edition


191.8-->190-->192.6

Oh, the humanity! After the drama last month of thinking I gained 5 pounds, then the next week at my annual check up, found I actually lost 2, I was hoping for another tiny loss. Instead, there is a tiny gain, but in reality, I know this is just the normal fluctuation of my body reaching it's new set point with the amount of fuel and exercise I put in it.

February has been brutal in terms of weather and lack of real cycling. Looking at the chart below, February has been my fattest month of the year for over half a decade (and probably my whole life), so to plateau instead of balloon as this time of year is a good thing.

Things to improve on in March
  • Start the cycling season!
  • Start using a heart rate monitor for training rides to focus on effort as well as distance
  • Less binging during the week
  • Less compulsive eating on the weekends
Things to pat myself on the back for
  • Made it through the winter, both literally and to an extent figuratively, while retaining my shapely figure
  • Weight lifting might not be showing results outwardly, but I definitely feel them when I run my hands over different spots, to the extent I get a little weirded out when there are hard bumps where their used to be soft spots (in, uh, a good way)
  • Nuts fully integrated into diet, pushing out less healthy snacks.
Just got into a bit of a comment war on Facebook about the new nutrition labels being proposed by the Feds, will definitely blow it out next week!
-----


WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2446
Funny, with such a huge day like Friday, I thought my weekly average would be through the roof, but in reality when you just work the numbers and take the emotional charge out of it, in reality it's not so horrible. It's not great, but it's not oh-my-gawd-I'm-gonna-give-up bad. Didn't record the weekend eating this week, found myself pleasantly busy with friends, family and cooking. Unfortunately no real biking due to weather, but it's around the corner...
-----

MONDAY COUNT: 2660
SLEPT: 9:30pm-4am, 6.5 hrs
Good lift in the morning, still a bit achy from the two long rides over the weekend, but enervated. Took the long way to work by bike in the morning. Started feeling run down with a tetchy stomach in the afternoon, skipped the poppa salad. When I got home, my head was a little clouded and I didn't have the focus to cook properly, so leaned on some comforting convenience food which allowed me the energy to make sure the kids were good.

AM SNACK: 4:15 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11am, steel cut oatmeal, 300 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, falafel, butternut squash soup, health salad, pickles, 860 cal

PM SNACK: 3:45 pm, momma salad, pistachios from Grazebox, 200 cal

DINNER: 6:30pm, Stouffer's French Bread pizzas, 840 cal

EVENING SNACK: 8:30pm, cheetos, 300 cal

-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 2085
SLEPT: 8:30pm-6:30am, about an hour of periods of being up, 9 hrs
Definitely have a bug, hitting the toilet a lot. Took some aspirin over night. Felt beat up but focused in the morning -- having two little kids can do that to a guy, y'just love them too much to be sick. Also, judging from the familiarity of the symptoms, I'm confident if I was 45 lbs heavier like I was 2 years ago, this would be a period of total bed & toilet rest, my body would totally shut down. Now lighter, I have the fortitude to push a little harder with grace.



AM SNACK: 6:45am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 9:15am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10:30am, Fage whole yogurt with honey, almonds and vanilla, 285 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, chicken meatballs, steamed string beans, madras lentils, 660 cal

PM SNACK: 3 pm, momma salad, with spicy crackers and nuts from Grazebox, 250 cal

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, poppa salad with homemade Italian dressing,  150 cal

DINNER: 6:45pm, grilled pork loin, roasted brussel sprouts, 410 cal

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, cashews, 170 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: 1950
SLEPT: 10pm-3am, 5 hrs
Still a bit ill, but improving. Good eating day, nice that the slight loss of appetite helped me avoid cravings, as jamming in anything extra would have definitely just upset  the system.



AM SNACK: 3:30am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10am, steel cut oatmeal, 300 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, grilled pork loin, roasted brussel sprouts, pickles, 430 cal

PM SNACK: 3pm, momma salad, with Korean rice crackers and nuts from Grazebox, 210 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, poppa salad with homemade Italian dressing,  150 cal

PM SNACK: 6pm, cashews, 340 cal

DINNER: 8:15pmshirataki stir fry with shrimp, shitaki mushrooms and oyster sauce, 360 cal 
-----

THURSDAY COUNT: 2040
SLEPT: 9:30pm-5:30am, 8 hrs
Tried to wake at 4:30 to lift weights, but didn't feel 100% and decided the extra hour of sleep would be more beneficial to my immediate health than the tiny incremental improvement to mah muzkles. Good choice, as I definitely felt better at 5:30 than at 4:40.


AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am, Fage whole yogurt with honey, almonds and vanilla, 285 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, grilled pork loin, roasted brussel sprouts, pickles, 430 cal

PM SNACK: 3pm, momma salad, with cheesy cracker mix from Grazebox, 240 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, poppa salad with homemade Italian dressing,  150 cal

PM SNACK: 6pm, cashews, 340 cal

DINNER: 7:30pmSubway 6" veggie burger sub, diet coke, 435
-----

FRIDAY COUNT: 3495
SLEPT: 1:30am-6:30am, 5 hours sleep
Unfortunately I could not get to sleep, after trying all my tricks, so I just got up and watched TV, and immediately felt really hungry. Part of this is the emotional noise, but matched with my body recovering it's health AND hunger, annoying bastard body! ;)

AM FEEDING: 12:30am-1:30am, 1 French bread pizza, half portion of popcorn popped in butter, 2 pretzels, +/- 800 cal

AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am, fruit smoothie, 410 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, ham & mustard on whole whet, health salad, pickle, 360cal

PM SNACK: 3pm, momma salad, with snack bag of pirate booty, 165 cal

DINNER: 5:15pm, 2 slices of streetza, +/- 600 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7pm, ice cream, cookies, chocolate, +/- 1000 cal









No comments:

Post a Comment