Sunday, January 31, 2016

Slowly turning the wheel

207.0-->214-->216.6
Well, I could see this as the ship turning, just not as fast as I'd like, but when it comes to things like weight gain and loss, slower is always better. As my bike riding has taken a back seat to the weather, I've restarted lifting free weights twice a week this past month, and truth is I feel good, a littler firmer in the right way. I'm healthy.

It's been a bit tough because my freelance dance card has been slow last month, and I suspect February will also be a slog, but truth: it's so much better than where I was last year. I may be fatter, but I'm also happier with how my life is with my family, personal affairs and day to day management.

Though my calorie consumption was pulled back a bit, sweets continue to bleed over from the weekend and into my weekdays. Rather than take this new number as a discouragement, I'm going to take it as an encouragement to stay the course on exercise -- the weights and limited riding do me good, not as a weight loss tool but literally as a mood-elevating drug. But again, truth: I need to refocus on habits that need to last me the rest of my life, not a "diet". I remember my body reacting to my weight loss at the bottom of the curve above by getting ravenous all the time. I need to lower the boom....slowly. Steps for this month:
  • Target a calorie cap of 2750 every day
  • Limit deserts to Fri night-Sunday afternoon
  • Cook more, aim for 5 dinners a week at home.
I have other ideas, but I think taking too much on at once would be a recipe for getting lost in the details -- all those "diets" with a zillion rules and strict meal plans for limited time are all guaranteed to fail. Just retain my mindfulness and don't beat myself up when I backslide a little -- it's the bigger picture that's important, but the big picture is made up of a string of little pictures.

WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2682
Not bad, improving, pat on the back for steering this ship BEFORE weighing in on Friday.
-----

MONDAY COUNT: 2870
SLEPT: 9pm - 6am, 9 hrs

AM SNACK: 6:30am, iced black tea

BREAKFAST 1 : 10:15am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11:15am, steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 1:30pm, beef patty, pickle, split pea soup, health salad, momma salad, pickle 640 cal

DINNER: 6pm, grilled pork tenderloin, roasted brussel sprouts, poppa salad with dressing, 720 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7pm,  kind bar, popcorn, handful of animal crackers, nutella, +/- 900 cal
-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 2660
SLEPT: 9pm-6am,  9 hrs

AM SNACK: 6:15am,  iced black tea

BREAKFAST: 10:15am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11:15am, fage with honey, vanilla, almonds, 450 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, momma salad, cheezits, pickles, 330 cal

DINNER: 5:45pm, burrito, ice cream, +/-1320 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7pm, kind bar, small bowl of cereal and whole milk, +/- 400 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: 3340
SLEPT: 9:30pm-1am, 2am-6am, 7.5 hrs

AM SNACK: 6:15am, iced black tea

BREAKFAST 1: 9:30am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11:30, fruit smoothie,  450 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, grilled pork tenderloin, roasted brussel sprouts, poppa salad with dressing, shortbread, +/- 820 cal

PM SNACK: 5:15pm, momma salad, cheezits, 310 cal

PM SNACK: 6:15pm, streetza, +/- 300 cal

DINNER: 8:15pm, lamb sausage poboy, fries, pudding & pie, +/- 900 cal

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, shortbread, +/- 400 cal
-----

BIKE CREDIT: 500 cal
THURSDAY COUNT: 2290
SLEPT: 11pm-6:30am, 7.5hrs

AM SNACK: 6:45am, iced black tea

BREAKFAST 1: 10:15am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 12:45am, steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

PM SNACK: 2pm, momma salad, veggie straws, 230 cal

BIKE SNACK: 4pm, homemade granola bar, 300 cal

PM SNACK: 5:15pm, kind bar, 200 cal

DINNER: 6pm, lemon sole, asparagus, poppa salad, ice cream & short bread, +/- 1,500 cal
-----

FRIDAY COUNT: 2250
SLEPT: 9:30pm-6:30am, 9hrs

AM SNACK: 6:45am, iced black tea

BREAKFAST: 11:30am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 1pm, fage with honey, vanilla, almonds, 450 cal

LUNCH: 3:45pm, bacon with poppa salad with dressing, 440

DINNER: 7:15pm, burger and fries, +/- 900 cal

EVENING SNACKS: 9pm, shortbread and ice cream +/- 300 cal

1 comment:

  1. Need To Boost Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete