Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weigh In: Approaching the Future


204.4-->203.0-->203.6
I know, I know -- half a pound is not statistically significant, and can be explained away by simply having too much #1, #2 or bloat in my system at the moment of weighing, but still, vanity and ego. Regardless, March saw a later-than-usual kick off to my riding season due to weather, and this past week saw two good rides, leading me to assess my fitness as close to where I left off at the end of last season. No where to go but up.

Professionally and personally -- two topics I choose not to dwell on, in these here parts -- things have transformed dramatically and quickly as Spring has set in. Too complicated to say it's all "good" or "bad", but definitely interesting and points to paths for many years to come. I only bring this up because as my day-to-day evolves, so must my eating.

I must be mindful to stay mindful: just as meditation or yoga practice allows a person to dispense with the energy it takes to focus on the task at hand by repeating actions endlessly (as opposed to OCD, where the repeated actions take up ALL the energy), I see my eating and my bike riding running in parallel - I repeat meals endlessly, I repeat my weekly training ride to the same place endlessly, because it allows me to not focus on the task at hand and gives me head space to work on other things. I allow it to carry me, safe in the knowledge that what I'm putting in my body and what I'm doing to my body is good for it, and so I can worry about something else more important and even less me-focused. And I save the weekends for more adventurous riding and more adventurous eating.

I'm not going to make any changes or resolutions to my eating this month, we'll see where life takes me and reassess at the end of April.
-----

WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2717
Over ate this week, birthday was a part of it. Had time off Friday, went for a long ride and found myself weirdly unhungry, guess all the over-eating was catching up with me.

-----

MONDAY COUNT: 3025
SLEPT: 9pm - 6:15am, 9.25hrs

AM SNACK: 6:30 am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 9am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11am, steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 2:30pm, falafel, health salad, pickle, soup, 620 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, momma salad, cheezits 310 cal

DINNER: 7pm, flounder, asparagus,  poppa salad with dressing, 685 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7:45pm, popcorn, +/-400 cal

EVENING SNACK: 8:30pm, kind bar, 2 kids granola bars, 400 cal
-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 3020
SLEPT: 9pm- 12am, 2am - 6am, 7 hrs

AM SNACK: 6:15 am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 730am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11am, Fage with honey, almonds, vanilla, 450 cal

LUNCH: 2pm, chicken meat balls, lentil curry, steamed stringbeans, pickle, 560

PM SNACK: 4pm, momma salad, cheezits, 310 cal

DINNER: 6:45pm, Stouffer's French Bread pizzas, poppa salad with dressing, 1040 cal

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, freshly baked unfrosted cupcakes, +/- 500 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: -----
SLEPT: 9pm - 3am,  6 hrs
Birthday. Over ate. It's ok.

AM SNACK: 3:30 am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST 1: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BIRTHDAY SNACK: 7:45am, freshly baked homemade cake, +/- 450 cal

LUNCH: 2pm, grilled chicken, poppa salad with dressing,  pickle, 450 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, momma salad, cheezits 310 cal

PM SNACK: 7pm, cashews, 235 cal

DINNER: 8:15pm, Korean BBQ....

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 2 slices of homemade cake....
-----

THURSDAY COUNT: 3040
SLEPT: 11pm - 5am,  6 hrs

AM SNACK: 5:15am, iced green tea, homemade granola bar, 150mg caffeine, 220 cal

BREAKFAST: 6:45am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11am, steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 2pm, poppa salad and dressing, sauteed shrimp and mushrooms,  600 cal

PM SNACK: 4pm, momma salad, cheezits, 310 cal

DINNER: 6:30pm, Ramen, ice cream, +/- 1000 cal

EVENING SNACK: 9:30pm, handful of oreos, +/- 300 cal
-----

BIKE CREDIT: 1630 cal
FRIDAY COUNT: 1785
SLEPT: 11pm -3:30am,  4.5 hrs

AM SNACK: 4am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 9:45am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice,  80 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10:15am, Fage yogurt with honey, almonds, vanilla, & 150 mg caffeine, 450 cal

BIKE SNACKS: 1pm-4pm, 4 homemade granola bars, 685 cal

LUNCH: 5pm, shrimp fried rice, +/- 1000 cal

DINNER: 7pm, meatballs, flat bread pizza, 1 glass proscecco, bread and soft cheese, chocolate cake & ice cream, +/- 1200 cal


No comments:

Post a Comment