Sunday, November 30, 2014

Living Larger

196.6-->201.2-->203.2
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Still, after 2 periods of month over month gains of about four pounds, it's gone to just half that this month. I'm now 12 pounds over my lightest, in June. I know, I know, 2 lbs falls into that "statistically meaningless" category when it comes to weight -- I can instantaneously put on two pounds by drinking a few pints of water, but still, when taken in the sweep of the curve above, it's both worrisome (I'm gaining weight!) and promising (it's slowing down!)

At a family event for Thanksgiving yesterday, someone who hadn't seen me in about a year complimented how thin (well, thinner) I look. I took the compliment, but of course I wanted to say, "actually, I've put on 15 pounds since I saw you) but I imagine she has spent more time with me when I was much heavier, so I guess I should have perspective -- I'm still not the fatty fatster I was 3 years ago.

I've had time to contemplate why the uptick. Clearly part of it is I'm consuming close to 3000 calories a day, when during my loss and maintenance periods, it was closer to 2500. The past year has brought turmoil in my personal life, but the past month a new track has presented itself and the train has gotten a bit steadier. As a counterpoint, my professional life has been thrown into turmoil this past month or so, leaving my schedule a lot less predictable, which was key to keeping to a regular, calorie-regulated habit. Signposts point to regaining that regularity in the next month or so, so hopefully I'll buck the trend and see my weight actually decrease over the winter months...

-----

WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2611
Nice to see a weekly average approaching where it should be.
-----

MONDAY COUNT: 2860
SLEPT: 9pm - 4:30am, 7.5 hrs
Good busy day.

AM SNACK: 4:45am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:15am, Steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, vegetarian meatballs, tomato soup, health salad, pickles, 620 cal

PM SNACK : 3:30pm, momma salad, Grazebox pistachios , 200 cal

DINNER: 6pm, mahi mahi, asparagus, poppa salad with Italian, kind bar, 730 cal

EVENING SNACK: 6:30pm, 2 kind bars, 400 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7:30pm, popcorn, +/- 300 cal
-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 2450
SLEPT: 9pm-5am, 8hr
Good intense day, needed to take myself out to dinner to just stay even. Good things afoot.

AM SNACK: 5:15am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 7:15am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:30am,  Fage with honey, almonds, vanilla, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:15pm, chicken meatballs, mushroom curry, steamed string beans, pickles, 620 cal

PM SNACK: 3pm, momma salad, Grazebox cashews,  220 cal

DINNER: 5:45pm, vegetarian dim sum, ice cream, +/- 1000 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: 2785
SLEPT: 9pm-2:30am, 5.5hr
Cooked for a nice friend.

AM SNACK: 3am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:15am,  steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

AM SNACK: 11:15am, momma salad, grazebox popcorn, 230 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, shrimp with shiritaki noodles and shitake mushrooms, poppa salad with Italian, 545 cal

DINNER: 6pm, knish appetizer, broiled fish, mushroom ravioli, roasted brussels, salad, pumpkin pie and almond ice cream, +/- 900 cal

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, more pie and ice cream, +/- 500 cal
-----

THURSAY COUNT: 2640
SLEPT: 10pm-6am, 8hr
Ate too much at Thanksgiving like a good American, but not to the point of discomfort. Found myself unhungry for dinner -- in fatter years, I'd eat a full dinner anyway because that's what you're supposed to do

AM SNACK: 6:15am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 8am,  fage with honey, vanilla and almonds, 450 cal

AM SNACK: 11:30am, momma salad, grazebox seeds, 230 cal

THANKSGIVING LUNCH: 2pm, turkey, stuffing, gravy, overcooked stringbeans, salad, pie & ice cream, water, +/- 1500 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7:30pm, chocolate chips & cashews, +/- 300 cal
-----

FRIDAY COUNT: 2320
SLEPT: 8pm-4:30am, 8.5hr
After the shock of the morning weigh in, a good eating day.

AM SNACK: 5am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:15am,  fruit smoothie, 450 cal

LUNCH: 11:15am, almond butter and grape jelly on whole wheat, pickles, health salad, 710 cal

DINNER: 5pm, pizza, salad, water, a kit kat, +/- 1000 cal

No comments:

Post a Comment