Thursday, September 6, 2012

Housekeeping

If you love someone something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, shoot it.
I recently got a very sweet email from an old friend, where she said:
"I've finally checked in with my friends' blogs after months and months and months and months of not doing so. Since you are a near daily blogger it is hard to catch up. Very hard. However, I see you've got a new one and..." (compliments omitted for the sake of me not feeling like a goon.)
Embarrassingly, I have not written her back yet, but I have been blogging my guts out, carpet bombing my poor, patient twitter and facebook friends on a near daily basis. So I thought about it, and I'm going to start blogging weekly instead of daily.

The Good:
  • I can focus on quality over quantity. My "research" is mostly Internet-thinkin', but I'll be able to take more time to contribute more original thought and less screechy opinion.
  • Averaging. Only crazy people weigh themselves every day, and calculating every day's calorie intake like it means a lot is a bit doofy, too. I'll still be reporting my daily food, but also summarized with averages...and more jokes.
  • More editing. My lovely wife is an editor by profession, but she can't keep up with me (he he he). I'll be submitting most entries to her before publishing for grammar, tone, logic and odor.
The Bad:
  • Readership. My favorite blogs post daily, and I wish to emulate them. Hopefully despite not having a fresh biscuit to chomp on every day, you'll come back weekly for a three course meal with dessert and petite fours.
  • Compulsion. I don't write about food, nutrition and what I eat because I have to, I need to. It feels good. I'll just have to budget and focus my appetite for it.
  • More editing. My lovely wife doesn't think I'm nearly as funny as I do. Good thing I'm planning a set of entries about her and her eating!
My eating week ends Fridays, editing will take place over the weekend, and I hope to get a new post every Sunday night/Monday morning. The post that falls closest to after the first of the month will always be dedicated to the weigh-in and a "phun quizz", in case you were worried...

Sincerely,
the Management

Recent portrait of FBIWC blogger.




No comments:

Post a Comment