Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Weigh in: High n' Tight


I thought the dog (i.e. an internet hick up) ate my homework, but fortunately when I got home last night, my browser was still open on a draft of this entry, so I was able to retrieve it from the jaws of internet death....


191.2-->192.4-->191.8
When I weighed in last week, I rang up 196, which momentarily gave me the heebie jeebies, then I remembered I had several extra meals and drinks in me due to the holiday. To be fair to myself, I punted to this week, which was the dietary equivalent of a high n' tight.

Oh no no no. Internet, I said HIGH n' TIGHT!!

Thank you.

I'm writing this Friday morning, under all sorts of pressures, which oddly enough makes me think perhaps this is the weekend to seriously try and abstain from a) junk food & sugar definitely and b) excessive calories maybe. If not the whole weekend, even a part of it will be better than it's been, and other than cutting out chips during the week, is the main key to getting to my new goal weight of 180. -----

The experimentation with caffiene continues. Found this interesting, informative piece from 2010 that makes me feel I'm on the right track. Caffeine isn't a stimulate like amphetamines, which acts like a lead foot on the gas pedal -- it is more like a brick wedged under the brake which allows the gas to do what it will without interference. It won't give you more strength than you have, but it'll allow you to use all the strength you have longer and faster without getting pooped.

Starting to mix a 100 mg dose of caffeine powder (measured on a proper electronic cocaine chemist's scale into my pint of cold brewed green tea before a bike ride, so far it feels right. According to lore, 100mg is the equivalent of 1 strong cup of coffee or a few cans of diet coke, which surprises me -- I guess my tolerance is really a lot lower than it used to be.

-----


WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2177
Despite getting a little indulgent to celebrate with friends 
-----

MONDAY COUNT: 2025
SLEPT: 8:15pm-4am, 7.75 hr
Felt real good to get back to clean light eating after 4 days of packing it in. Felt too off to lift weights this morning, despite getting enough sleep -- amazing how 4 days of bad eating can so quickly make me feel less-than. Hopefully will be back in the saddle tomorrow.

AM SNACK: 4:15 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 6:45am,apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10:15am, whole fage with almonds, agave and vanilla, 310 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, falafel, butternut squash soup, roasted broccoli, 790 cal

PM SNACK: 4 pm, momma salad, hummus, 150 cal

PM SNACK: 5:30 pm, poppa salad with homemade Italian, 150 cal

DINNER: 7:30pm, scallops, asparagus, kimchi, 465 cal
-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 2005
SLEPT: 8:45pm-4am, 7.25 hr
Woke up feeling good and looking forward to lifting weights, since I was feeling food-hung over and a little drawn the morning before. However, during my brief stretches, I felt unusually stiff, and during this:
I found just getting into position was uncomfortable and strained, and after 3 attempts, gave up trying to get the weights into first position. Oddly enough, later in the morning my back complained when picking up my son, and my ride to work was staight-backed and slower than usual. I think this is the first time in over 2 years I actually hurt myself while lifting weights...

AM SNACK: 4:15 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 6:45am,apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am, steel cut oatmeal, 415

LUNCH: 1pm, chicken meatballs, steamed string beans, Madras lentils, pickles, 650 cal

PM SNACK: 4 pm, momma salad, hummus, 150 cal

PM SNACK: 5:30 pm, poppa salad with homemade Italian, 150 cal

DINNER: 7:30pm, sauteed chicken breast, roasted broccoli, kimchi, 480 cal
-----

BIKE CREDIT: 540cal
WEDNESDAY COUNT: 2175
SLEPT: 9pm-2:45am, 5.75 hr
Woke up before the alarm went off, revved up and ready to roll -- after a few weeks of no riding, I was primed. Checked the phone before even getting out of bed - 41 degrees, perfect.
  • 40 and above, definitely ride, 
  • 35 and below, definitely don't ride, 
  • 35-40, depends on mood and wind strength
Felt slightly sore from yesterday's weights, and the muscle in my back was still ouchy, but once on the bike it didn't bother me at all, which obviously suggests a muscle I don't work out enough because it's totally unused by biking!

AM SNACK: 3:15 am, iced green tea, granola bar, 575 cal
Dosed with 100mg caf, equivalent of a strong cup of coffee. Felt right, though got a little tired around 3pm.

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am, fruit smoothie, 410 cal


LUNCH: 1pm, sardine & avocado on whole wheat, roasted broc, kimchi, 610 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30 pm, momma salad, hummus, 150 cal

PM SNACK: 5:30 pm, poppa salad with homemade Italian, 150 cal

PM SNACK: 6:15pm, cheetos, 300 cal

DINNER: 8:30pm, shirataki stir fry with shrimp, shitaki mushrooms and oyster sauce, 360 cal 
-----

THURSDAY COUNT: 1960
SLEPT: 9:30pm-4:15am, 6.75 hr
Did light chores and housework in the morning, had a big day at work and various activities after. When I finally got to bed around 11, I hit the bed with what felt like a narcotic sleep.

AM SNACK: 4:30 am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am, steel cut oatmeal, 415

LUNCH: 1pm, chicken sausage, roasted brussel sprouts, sofrito black beans, kimchi, 650 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30 pm, momma salad, hummus, 150 cal

PM SNACK: 5:30 pm, poppa salad with homemade Italian, 150 cal

DINNER: 7:30pmSubway 6" veggie burger sub, diet coke, 435
-----

FRIDAYCOUNT: 2720
SLEPT: 11pm-4am, 5 hr
Considered lifting weights this morning, but three factors kept me from it:
  1. still a little sore from the previous work out and my back muscle was still twangy.
  2. not enough sleep
  3. rattled from the big day I had yesterday
Still, was productive and the house ran smoothly until I arrived at work. Took a nice long bike ride in the rain on a Citibike to work to get a little bit centered, helped. Caught a movie between leaving work early, avoiding the end-of-week-work-snacks n' booze, then a wonderful dinner at a vegan place with the HVS and her snickle family! 

AM SNACK: 4:15 am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am,  whole fage with almonds, agave and vanilla, 310 cal


LUNCH: 1pm, almond butter & grape jelly on whole wheat, roasted brussel sprouts, kimchi, 650 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30 pm, momma salad, hummus, 150 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30, medium pop corn, "small" diet coke, 700 cal

SNICKLEDINNER: 7pm, spring roll, kale salad, singapore mei fun, chocolate cake, pomegranate creme brûlée, a few sips of wine, +/- 750 cal
Vegan vittles in the West Village, celebrating a life change for the HVS and a birthday for Momma HVS. Was bragging how after counting calories this long, I can almost estimate calories by how it makes me feel. I should check myself -- I'm probably wildly off with the actual calorie count, but relatively accurate with if the food will spike my blood sugar leading to weight gain (like wine and cake) or leave me feeling satisfied without feeling weirdly full (rice noodles, spring rolls, salad.)

-----

WEEKEND REPORT

BIKE CREDIT: 775

SATURDAY COUNT:x
SLEPT: 11pm-6:30am, 7.5 hr
x

AM SNACK: 6:45am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 8:45am, sausage mcmuffin, hash brown, diet coke, 500 cal

BIKE BOOST: 9:15am, 100mg caffeine in water solution, 0 cal

BIKE SNACK: 11:30am, granola bar, 575

LUNCH: 3:30, 4 slices of streetza, small amount of potato chips, +/-1000 cal

DINNER: 8pm, chiptle shrimp burrito, +/- 1000 cal

EVENING GORGE: 8:30pm, M&Ms and cheetos

SUNDAY
SLEPT: 11pm-7am, 8 hr

Spent the morning doing bike runs to Wholefoods and Costco, spent the afternoon cooking. Granola & granola bars, sofrito black beans, momma & poppa salads, juicer packs, a round of noisy ice cream for the kids, pork tenderloin into marinade to get tasty in a few days.

AM SNACK: 7:15am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, misc Wholefoods breakfast bar, small half full box

LUNCH: 11am, slice of pizza and a churro from Costco cafe

PM SNACK: 1pm, pickle

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, half of Edie's granola bar

PM SNACK: 3pm, bowl of cheetos

PM SNACK: 3:15pm, an Edie granola bar

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, toasted challah and peanut butter

DINNER: 6pm, sweet & sour shrimp, pork fried rice, egg roll, diet coke

No comments:

Post a Comment