Sunday, December 29, 2013

Weigh in: Flat line

192.4-->191.8-->191.8
Fat Flat line! First time ever the number didn't change from month to month. Still .6 lbs off my low from October 1st. Considering the two over-eating holidays we just passed and the unusually cold end of Fall/start of Winter that has slowed down my cycling, I'll take this as a win. 

Positives: 
  • my weight lifting has gotten slowly but incrementally stronger and more intense. I can usually do close to  one real pull up during the session as a matter of course -- the first one months ago was under some extreme pushing. Now it's just hard, not ridonkulous. My midsection and arms are starting to feel different, weirdly hard even when I'm not tensing. Shirts fitting a little different. Could it finally be...puberty?!
  • Moving to the lower calorie budget seems to be going well. Cheeto/Frito habit is at bay.
Room for improvement:
  • Weekend & Friday night eating is still problematic. Granted, it's been reigned in a bit by the self-imposed embarrassment of reporting it in more depth at the end of these posts, but it remains a key to moving past this plateau my weight finds itself holding on to.
  • Still very uncomfortable on the bike rollers. Must take them a bit more seriously to get some real cardio/bike handling improvement in before the warm weather comes back.

I don't do New Year's resolutions -- I've kinda been doing a New Day's resolution every friggin' time I sit down in the morning and pre-plan my day's eating, that's quite enough. I'm not on a diet plan, that would presume at some point I'd go back to my old way of eating. Every week I try to refine my eating, making it a bit healthier, a little cleaner.

Resolutions, hrrrrrm. Perhaps in 2014, instead of using weekends to simply indulge my old habits to avoid feelings of denial or lack, perhaps I can also use it to try out new, healthy options that would otherwise interrupt the busy lockstep of my work week. Maybe as I get tighter on the weekends, start including one of the weekend days in my weekly average for a more honest picture...

I lost about 20 lbs this past year, on top of about 20 lbs the year before that. If I lose another 10 or so this year to get to my nutritionist-approved goal of 180, that'll be all right by me. Perhaps I should set a reward for myself if I make my goal, other than a back-wax or fake tan? Maybe a new road bike, or a week long winter bike ride up the spine of Florida… My life seems a lot different than it was a year ago, and based on recent turmoil outside the purview of this blog, I suspect it will be much more different in a year from now. Here's to change, good, bad and all between!
-----


WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2633
Way over budget but I'm cool with it -- it's the holidays, the schedule is out of sync, etc. But I'm treating myself well, and not letting the food beast dig it's teeth in too hard.
-----

MONDAY COUNT: 2205
SLEPT: 8:30pm-3:45am, 7.25 hr
Half day at work, errands to run. Despite the schedule being thrown into turmoil, kept the food in check. Good work out in the morning. Surprised to find myself slightly sore when putting myself to bed.

AM SNACK: 4:15 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 6:45am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10am, steel cut oatmeal, 410

LUNCH: 1pm, falafel, tomato soup, health salad, pickles, 760 cal

PM SNACK: 2:30 pm, momma salad, babaganoush, 100 cal

PM SNACK: 5pm, cashews, 160 cal

PM SNACK: 7 pm, poppa salad with bottled organic ranch dressing, 150 cal

DINNER: 7:30pmshirataki stir fry with shrimp, shitaki mushrooms and oyster sauce, 360 cal 

EVENING SNACK: 7:45, black peppercorn rice cracker thingies from Graze box, 105 cal
Surprisingly good. Slightly sweet soy glaze, peppery, crunchy, just enough. Three more snacks to decide whether this is worth keeping.
-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 3185
SLEPT: 9pm-3am, 6 hr
Set alarm for 4, but just woke up on my own at 3, felt pretty good, pleasing sore from yesterday's weights. Spent the morning cutting onions for knishes, too cold to ride. Ate well for most of this non-work day. Planned on Chinese for Jewish Xmas, with the same foods I'd always have with my parents and brother when I was a kid. It was so nice, I purposefully celebrated with B and the E's with some homemade ice cream. Not too much, so it wasn't a crazy indulgence. But that was enough to prime the pump and a few evening snacks went down after that. Again, not a huge amount in quantity but calorie-dense enough to simply destroy the budget. I suspect tomorrow won't be much better.

AM SNACK: 3:30 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 8:30am,  fage whole yogurt with agave, vanilla and almonds, 310 cal

PM SNACK: 12:30pm, gold fish crackers, 200 cal

LUNCH: 2pm, mahi mahi, asparagus, poppa salad with organic ranch dressing, pickles, 600 cal

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, pomodoro rustica crackers & almonds from graze box, 115 cal
Nice basilly tomato snack, another good one.

PM SNACK: 3:45pm, momma salad, 100 cal
Got crazy sugar cravings when I gave my daughter a small quantity of M&Ms, did all in my power not to jump on the ice cream, brownies and other sweets in the house.

DINNER: 5:30pm, fried rice, lomein, egg roll, wonton soup, vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, +/- 1000 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7pm, cheetos with M&Ms, 2 brownies, +/- 700 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: 3000
SLEPT: 8:45pm-4am, 7.25 hr
Considered biking this morning, but too cold and on the edge of snowing. Considered lifting, but happily still sore from Monday's lift, I guess I was really focused. Completed ice cream sandwiches and some trimmings ended up in my mouth, eh, it's a holiday (though I did send the few last scoops down the drain to prevent me or my kids from snarfing them) 

AM SNACK: 4:30 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

AM SNACK: 5:30am, a small handful of ice cream sandwich trimmings, +/- 100 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9am,  steel cut oatmeal, 410 cal

JEWISH XMAS BRUNCH: 1:30-3:30pm, bagel with cream cheese and lox, small piece of ham, chocolate covered pretzels, roasted cashews, ice cream sandwiches, pickles, +/- 1,500 cal

DINNER: 7pm, ravioli with sauce, cheetos, +/- 830 cal
The extra thirty to bring up the count to a cool 3000.
-----

THURSDAY COUNT: 1980
SLEPT: 9pm-4am, 7 hr
Good weight session this morning, noticed my meager one pull up improving. The fact that I was sore the last few day's from Monday's session makes me think the turmoil in my life has helped focus my energies in this one productive way.

AM SNACK: 4:30 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am,  fage whole yogurt with agave, vanilla and almonds, 310 cal

LUNCH: 12:30pm, chicken meatballs, jodpur lentils, steamed string beans, kimchi, 600 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30pm,  momma salad, babaganoush, 150 cal

PM SNACK: 4:15pm, smokey gazpacho dip with crackers from graze box, 85 cal

DINNER: 7:30pmSubway 6" veggie burger sub, chips, diet coke, 675
Indulged in chips strategically, needed to get closer to my bottom budget, but didn't have any healthy snacks on me...
-----

FRIDAY COUNT: 2795
SLEPT: 12pm-5am, 5 hr
Out with a god friend at lunch, out with another good friend in the evening, grabbed some food on teh way home, but only because dinner was kinda small -- tiny dishes, and we left before all our dished came because the kitchen at this new resto was shitting itself.  Sure I busted the budget but it was healthy, with friends, with in reason.

AM SNACK: 4:30 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am,  steel cut oatmeal, 410 cal

LUNCH: 1pm, Almond butter & grape jelly on whole wheat, roasted brussels, pickles, 725 cal

LUNCH 2: 1:45pm, small plate of vegetarian indian food, +/- 300 cal
Social lunch.

DINNER: 6:30pm, modern Korean tapas, +/- 500 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7:30pm, 3/4 of a small chocolatey cake thing, +/- 200 cal

DINNER 2: 7:30, slice of large vegan Zen pizza, +/- 500 cal
-----

WEEKEND REPORT

BIKE CREDIT: +/-900 cal (cyclometer battery died)
SATURDAY COUNT: 3210
SLEPT: 9pm-2am, 5 hr
Got out early to ride about 50 miles, felt great despite my toes going numb (just ordered disposable chemical toe warmers used in ski-boots, hopefully that'll do the trick.) Great day out with my daughter, museums, friends and their children, ate out, felt really fun to spend an interactive day with Edie. Got to bed at a normal time, the ride helped me stay steady.

AM SNACK: 2:30 am, iced green tea, 0 cal

AM DRUGGING: 2:45am, 100mg caffeine in green tea solution

BIKE SNACK 1: 4:45am, granola bar, 350 cal

BIKE SNACK 2: 6:30am, granola bar, 350 cal

AM SNACK: 9am, cheetos, momma salad 400 cal
Extra momma salad left over because of holidays, down easy with a side of cheetos.

AM SNACK: 9:45am, chocolate ice cream, 660 cal

AM SNACK: 10:45am, half a small bag of chocolate chip cookies, +/- 150 cal

LUNCH: 2:15pm, fried fish po' boy, onion rings, too many fries, diet coke, +/- 1200 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, half a chocolate chip cookie, +/-100 cal

PM SNACK: 3:45pm, small whoopee pie, +/- 200 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7pm, cheetos, chocolate chips, cashews, +/- 700 cal

SUNDAY
SLEPT: 8:30pm, 4am, 7.5 hr
Hard day to get through, hit the food hard, the only day of the week I really 'let myself go'. Entertaining 2 kids on a rainy day ended up being fun once I focused. Had an intense night out with a friend, food was not the focus.

AM SNACK: 4:15am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST 1: 4:30am, multigrain flakes with lo fat milk

BREAKFAST 2: 8:30am, sausage mcmuffin, hash brown, pancakes, diet coke

AM SNACK: 9am, 2 donuts

PM SNACK: 1pm, cookie dough

LUNCH: 2pm, 1 hot dog

PM SNACK: 3pm, a mess of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies

DINNER: 6:30pm, meatballs, buffala moz pizza, water

EVENING SNACK: 9:30pm, handful of cookies, water

2 comments:

  1. I don't think my first comment went through, so...

    I just wanted to comment to prove that I still read (and thoroughly enjoy) this blog! In fact, the post before this one was the final straw that got me up off my butt and back into my run training. When we both reach our goal weights, can we meet up in NY and get a picture taken of us jumping up in the air a la some 70s sitcom intro sequence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he. Thanks hun. I would prefer a 3's Company montage, but I'm not picky.

    ReplyDelete