Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weigh In: Street Meat Warning System Activated


196.8-->192-->190.4
Back on track from the winter spike. My lowest weight since recording was 190 this past February 1st, so I'm pretty much back there within a small margin of error. Margin of water retention? Margin of the contents of my digestive system?

This month saw the return of gas to my oven and stove top, and am still catching up on the work-a-day staples, particularly homemade soup which requires homemade stock. I did make a new round of black beans to last me through summer and a set of killer granola bars. Early in the month I thought I'd open up the calorie budget to 3000, as I seemed to be edging up that way due to biking and lifestyle, but after a week started to feel that old heaviness in my physicality. Funny how quickly eating too much every day now sets off a very distinct warning feeling -- a feeling I used to have all the time, and regarded as normal.
Those ain't falling rocks, those are bites of street meat gyro entering my stomach...
This past Wednesday I was out late at a friend's graduation, and was rushing to get home. On the way into the subway, I picked up a street-meat lamb gyro to take and eat on the train. I used to eat these quite often as a high school student but hadn't had one in many years. It tasted OK, not as good as I remember, but I was over-hungry and on the edge of bonking. Looking back, I should have let myself bonk. I suspect the processed lamb "meat" was more than 50% fat. How did I arrive at that number? By the numbers of zits that emerged the next day, as well as the nature of my output, which will not be discussed on this blog. I'm sure there are blogs that dedicate themselves to output as much as I dedicate to input, so if you're getting really interested, perhaps now is the time to visit RateMyPoo.com. And no, I'm not gonna link it, you nasty!
I image-googled "poo". This is the only pic I'm comfortable adding to this blog. I feel a little bit ill.
This past month or two I've noticed a new sensitivity to food, in a good way. Not gluten sensitivity or something suspiciously trendy, but a sensitivity to my physical well being, mood and clarity of mind in relation to eating good food, bad food and levels of exercise. Perhaps more contemplation will lead to a proper entry.

Still reading the Sugar Fat Salt book, and damn if it is not basically a recounting of how the Food Industry has already pretty much done the research and the science and have proven (with sales that track with formula adjustments) how food can be addictive. It is not a dissimilar story to how Big Tobacco knew exactly what the deal was with nicotine years before they were held accountable by representatives of the common good.

I don't really have any new goals/resolutions this month. I'm happy that despite my caloric intake hovering around 2750 instead of 2250, I'm still slowly losing weight. I guess between needing the calories to motor forcefully through life and eating the right things, my body is shaking off the years of indulging the sugar-dragon and numbing myself out to my own body.
I make smugness look GOOD!
-----

WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2765
Good eating week over all, though would like to see the weekly average closer to 2500. Looking at some things that elevated it, I know the street-meat incident won't be becoming a regular thing.
-----

BIKE CREDIT: 1750 cal
MONDAY COUNT: 2455
SLEPT: 8:45pm - 3:45am, 7 hrs
Good hilly ride in the morning, stuck to healthy food at home, indulged in watermelon and skipped the breads, cheeses and cookies at a Memorial Day picnic, and while leaned on convenience food in the evening, it was blunted by vegetables and nuts.

AM SNACK: 4:15am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 150 mg caffeine, 160 cal

BIKE SNACK 1: 6am, homemade granola bar, 270 cal

BIKE SNACK 2: 7:30am, homemade granola bar, 270 cal

LUNCH: 11am, Ethiopian chicken stew and lentils, poppa salad, 670 cal

AM SNACK: 11:30am, pint of chocolate milk, 445 cal

PICNIC SNACKING: 1:30-3pm, a whole lotta watermelon, +/- 500 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, momma salad, cashews  340 cal

DINNER: 5pm, Stouffers French Bread Pizzas, 830 cal


EVENING SNACK: 6pm, cheetos, 2 kind bars. 720 cal
-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 2375
SLEPT: 9pm-5:30am, 8.5 hr
Woke up surprisingly tired and worn, despite the uninterrupted sleep. Probably just need more sleep.

AM SNACK: 4:45am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10:15am, yogurt with honey, vanilla, almonds, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, falafel, soup, health salad, pickles, 600 cal

PM SNACK: 3 pm, momma salad, Grazebox nutmix , 340cal

DINNER: 6:45pm, Hake, roasted asparagus,  poppa salad with Italian dressing, 525 cal

EVENING SNACK: 7:45pm, homemade popcorn, +/- 300 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: 3480
SLEPT: 8:30pm-6am, 9.5 hr
Thought about waking up early to lift weights while the kids slept, but still needed to get over the weekend's extended riding and limited sleep. Schedule interrupted to attend the graduation of a close friend, tried to get home and eat the usual, but it was too late and I was crashing, ate street meat and pizza. Though the calorie intake was more than usual, it still set off my sugar cravings and I ate even more before sleep. For me, this is personal evidence how eating white flour products primes my pump for more sugar.

AM SNACK: 6:15am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 8:45am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10:15am, steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, chicken meatballs, steamed stringbeans, bombay potatoes, pickles, 620 cal

PM SNACK: 3 pm, momma salad, Grazebox vanilla pumpkin seeds , 240 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, poppa salad with Italian dressing, 170 cal


PM SNACK: 6pm, cashews, 340 cal

DINNER: 9:15pm, street gyro, streetza slice, +/- 800 cal

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, cheetos, peanut butter & chocolate syrup, +/- 700 cal
-----

THURSDAY COUNT:2725
SLEPT: 11:15pm-5:30am, 6.25 hr
Thought about waking up early to lift weights while the kids slept, but still needed to get over the x

AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10am, yogurt with honey, vanilla, almonds, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, sautéed chicken breast, black beans, roasted brussel sprouts, pickles, 735 cal

PM SNACK: 3 pm, momma salad, Grazebox oat crackers and onion marmalade , 210 cal

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, poppa salad with Italian dressing, 170 cal

DINNER: 6:30pm, sushi plate, water, +/- 700 cal

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, cheetos, 300 cal
-----

FRIDAY COUNT: 2790
SLEPT: 11pm-4am, 2-3pm work nap, 6 hr
Good end to the week. Picked up tags for the Montauk ride during my lunch break, then took a nice nap in the "wellness room" before kicking off early to pick up my daughter for a fine dinner of dogs, fries, and ice cream.

AM SNACK: 4:15am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 6:30am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:30am, fruit smoothie, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, almond butter and grape jelly on whole wheat, health salad, roasted brussel sprouts, pickles, 780 cal

PM SNACK: 3 pm, momma salad, Grazebox oat crackers and onion marmalade , 200 cal

DINNER: 5pm, crab cakes, salad, hotdog, fries, water, ice cream, +/- 1200 cal


No comments:

Post a Comment