Sunday, December 27, 2015

Reckoning


206.8-->207.0-->214
Well, this is a reckoning. This past month has been firing on all cylinders - work and money, women and relationships, children and family, friends and loved ones, all have been going really well. But upon reflection, a new imbalance has emerged. I recently got a cat to keep me company at home, as I've been working from home pretty constantly since June. (Sure, it was a gift and a companion to my kids but get real, it's for me.) The numbers at the end of the month indicate that December was successful, and I really have been enjoying my work....but there is a cost. Looking back over my food diaries, I've been indulging in more sweets, more restaurant foods and less good stuff as a way of stress management. I guess "stress" is usually looked at as a bad thing, but the kind of work stress I've been undergoing this past month has been the best kind -- the kind that makes you challenge yourself and results in surprises of what you can actually do.

But bottom line -- it was more calories in, less calories out. I expected the weather to get colder, and work made it easy to schedule less bike rides, allowing me not to sacrifice any time with my kids. Thanks to the WARMEST DECEMBER EVER, I could have extended my ride season but ended up being pretty physically complacent. Clothes don't lie -- I wore a suit last night and while it wasn't ridiculous, it clearly said "OH HELL TO THE NO" as I got it on.
I've done this before. I've been here. But it's different now: I'm not lost in a fuzzy cloud and life is good. Starting right now (and not next week or next month), I'm increasing my vegetable intake, both raw and cooked. I'm bringing back weight lifting once or twice a week. I'm decreasing my sweets and restaurants during the week. I won't be recording or posting during the next week -- I'll take this as an opportunity to shift gears without over-thinking it, just see how it makes me feel, and return to obsessively writing down my sleep, eats and random reactions to food-related media in the new year.

To my 2.5 readers, happy new year and thanks!


WEEKLY AVERAGE: ...
Too distracted.
-----

MONDAY COUNT: 2600
SLEPT: 10:30pm - 5:30am, 7 hrs

AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST 1 : 9:30am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2 : 11:30am, steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 2:30pm, beef patty, momma salad, chicken soup, pickles 640 cal

DINNER: 6:30pm, grouper, asparagus, poppa salad with dressing, 750 cal

EVENIGN SNACK: 7pm, popcorn, pocky, +/- 600 cal

-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 3090
SLEPT: 9:30pm-3:45am,  6.25hrs

AM SNACK: 4am,  iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 9:15am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10:30am, Greek yogurt with honey, almonds, vanilla,  450 cal

LUNCH: 2pm, steamed string beans, lentil curry, chicken meatballs, pickles,  680 cal

PM SNACK: 4pm, momma salad, 100 cal

DINNER: 5:30pm, shwarma platter, ice cream, +/- 1000cal

EVENING SNACK: 7pm, pocky, rice crisps & milk, one brownie, +/-600 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: 3060
SLEPT: 9pm-2:30am, 5.5 hrs

AM SNACK: 4am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST 1: 9am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11am, fruit smoothie, 450 cal

LUNCH: 2:15pm, bacon, poppa salad with dressing,  440 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, momma salad, cheezits, 310 cal

PM SNACK: 5:15pm, cashews, 250 cal

PM SNACK: 6:15pm, streetza, +/- 300 cal

DINNER: 7:45pm, Chipotle Burrito, ice cream, +/- 1200 cal
-----

THURSDAY COUNT: 3090
SLEPT: 9:30pm-5:30am, 8hrs

AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea

AM SNACK: 9:30am, pickle, a small piece of brie, 50 cal

BREAKFAST 1: 10:30am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 11:45am, 3 meatballs, +/-450 cal
Just baked off a bunch, had to make sure they were done...

LUNCH: 2:45pm, poppa salad with dressing and veggie straws, 330 cal

DINNER: 5pm, chinese brick, ice cream, +/- 1500 cal

EVENING SNACKS: 9pm, pocky, pringles, 400 cal
-----

FRIDAY COUNT: x
SLEPT: 10:30pm-5am, 6.5 hrs

AM SNACK: 5:15am, iced green tea

...

No comments:

Post a Comment