Sunday, November 2, 2014

Monthly Weigh In: Reassesment


192.8-->196.6-->201.2
Almost forgot to weigh in this morning, and when I did, it read 205 and I thought, "Oh, that looks like a good number!" But when I went to plug it into the spreadsheet…whoops. Thats not good at all. I thought I had stayed the same or went down this month -- my clothing seems to fit fine, my health is great. 

However, due to weather, cycling tapering off, my average calorie counts have been a solid 500 cal above where it was when I was losing weight - thats an extra 2,500 calories a week; there is a controversial calculation that you need to take in an extra 3,500 calories to gain a pound, but that's a topic for a stand-alone entry.

I just need to refocus, cut out evening snacks, regardless of how healthy they are (hello, kind bars), and get back on track. There is too much going on right now to obsess over my weight, good things in my personal and professional life, but that has it's own kind of anxiety and stress that maybe I've treated a bit with food? Gonna start looking closer, starting Monday.

Update: I reweighed Saturday morning and indeed some of the "gain" was just natural day-to-day fluctuation, but still -- the trend is steady and it is not good. I'm 10 lbs off my lightest, not 15. I'm confident that mindfulness of my consumption can reverse this trend. I will keep eating what I'm eating, just a little less of it, and start my cold-weather routine of shorter bike rides alternating with weight lifting. Maybe you people can help me out a bit? I'm feeling a little bit vulnerable over here! 
-----

WEEKLY AVERAGE: 2767
Yep, hope that number is gonna start looking closer to 2300, may not be easy, but I've done it before...
-----

MONDAY COUNT: 2,550
SLEPT: 8pm-10:30pm, 12am-5:45am, 1:30pm-2:30pm 9.25 hr
Long low-impact day on bike with kids on Sunday, got a lot of sleep all weekend, nice to see the number reflect that.

AM SNACK: 6:15am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 9am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10am,  Steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, falafel, cream of mushroom soup, health salad, pickles, 810 cal 

PM SNACK: 4:15pm, momma salad, Grazebox nut mix , 330 cal

DINNER: 8pm, 2 kind bars, a few spoonfuls of vegan ice cream, peanut butter, 1 cookie, +/- 800 cal
Not the dinner planned for, but just had a dentist app't and had a temporary filling put in, tried to eat just some calorie dense stuff with the good side of my mouth to just prevent me from being hungry.
-----

TUESDAY COUNT: 3085
SLEPT: 9:15pm-4:45am, 7.5hr
Good day, functional teeth. Not looking forward to root canal a week from tomorrow

AM SNACK: 5am, iced green tea

BREAKFAST: 8am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9:45am,  Fage whole yogurt with honey, almonds, vanilla, 450 cal

LUNCH: 1:30pm, chicken meatballs, curry lentils, steamed string beans, pickles, 680 cal

PM SNACK: 3:30 pm, momma salad, Grazebox candied almonds , 315 cal

DINNER: 6:30pm, tilapia, asparagus, poppa salad with Ceasar dressing, 680 cal

EVENING SNACK: 8pm: popcorn, kind bar, a few lomein noodles, +/- 800 cal
-----

WEDNESDAY COUNT: 2755
SLEPT: 9:30pm-5:30am, 8 hr
Stressful day, things are shifting under my feet, but I'm still standing.

AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 9am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10am,  Steel cut oatmeal, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45pm, sautéed chicken breast, roasted brussel sprouts, quinoa,  pickles, 635 cal 

PM SNACK: 3:30 pm, momma salad, Grazebox seed mix , 310 cal

PM SNACK: 6pm,  poppa salad with Cesar dressing, 200 cal

DINNER: 7pm, tempura shrimpa nd veg with some brown rice, miso soup, water, +/- 650 cal

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 2 kind bars, 400 cal
-----

THURSDAY COUNT: 2635
SLEPT: 11pm-5am, 6  hr
Getting my bearings. Nice dinner with a new friend.

AM SNACK: 5:15am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 7am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 10am, whole fage with honey, vanilla and almonds, 450 cal

LUNCH: 12:45am, vegetarian meatballs, sauteed mushrooms and onions, pickles, 595cal

PM SNACK: 3:30 pm, momma salad, Grazebox oat crackers , 230 cal

PM SNACK: 6pm,  poppa salad with Cesar dressing, 200 cal

DINNER: 7:15pm, vegetarian dim sum +/- 700 cal

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, cookies,+/- 300 cal
-----

FRIDAY COUNT: 2810
SLEPT: 11:30pm-5:30am, 6  hr
Last day at the freelance gig I've toiled at for that 18 months. Onwards!

AM SNACK: 5:45am, iced green tea, 0 cal

BREAKFAST: 6:45am, apple/beet/celery/carrot/cayenne/cucumber/ginger juice, 160 cal

BREAKFAST 2: 9am, fruit smoothie, 500 cal

LUNCH: 12:15am, almond butter and jelly on whole wheat, health salad, pickles, 640cal

PM SNACK: 2:30 pm, momma salad, cheezits , 310 cal

PM SNACK: 4pm, small amount of Halloween candy, +/- 200 cal

DINNER: 5:30pm, hotdog, fries, ice cream, +/- 1000 cal

No comments:

Post a Comment