Monday, October 1, 2012

Slight Progress is Still Progress



July 222----> August 216.6----> September 214.4

For the second full month of sticking to a calorie budget of 2200-2350 during the week, I lost about two pounds, a significant decrease over the previous month of 5.5 lbs  The  Tanita scale tells me I'm 37.2% body fat, which is slightly more than last month, so I'll discount that as just a mech-blip. So what am I to conclude from this dramatic decrease in weight-loss?
  1. My body is adjusting to the new diet, and instinctively trying to protect itself from "famine".
  2. Last month's loss was exaggerated by moving to a new scale
  3. I might have ate more on the weekends than the previous month, and found Fridays a bit of a slippery slope this month.
Regardless of this smaller number, fact is for the past two years I've gained about 2-3 lbs in September. I'm finding clothes that haven't fit me in many years now fit me. I'm starting to get used to saying 'thanks' to the friends that are noticing my weight loss more and more. I still haven't gotten a full pull up in, but I'm getting incrementally closer. So for the next month:
  1. Do a damn pull-up.
  2. As fall and winter cuts my biking down, control my weekend eating better.
  3. Cut down on the fast food to once during the week and once on the weekends.
I did have a long post prepared, with a few media commentaries, multiple choice quizz, and a daily reporting of the last week, but for some reason Google ate it. I've "sent feedback" to the Googleplex and haven't yet heard a peep. If it ever comes back, I'll slot it in... Uggg.

No comments:

Post a Comment